Its been a little more than 3 weeks and some crazy country hopping that I have been doing. Roy and Picklu landed up in the 3rd week of October and we spent about 10 days in Brazil, 6 days in Argentina (just Buenos Aires) and 10 days in Peru… They have left for India and now, Im pretty much facing the road alone till I meet Neesha in Chile.
As you can see, I have had no time to update the blog with stories from all these places….. I have seen and learnt so much but come to one conclusion that spending a few weeks here and there is not good enough to soak the culture of the place entirely. However, having said that, in a short span of time, I have come to realise that Brazil is the place I love the most (among all the places I have visited) and I can’t wait to go back… Afterall, this trip did start with the objective of visiting Brazil for Capoeira.
The journey with the guys included this –
– Classic sunny 5 day tourist Rio (With Caparinhas and the beach included)
– Gastronomical Ouro Preto (The best food we ate in Brazil was at Maximus)
– Transit through Sao Paulo with one night at a Samba club
– Crazy 6 days in Buenos Aires (One city I couldnt figure out at all)
– Mystic Machu Picchu for 2 days (with Picklu pretending to be Indiana Jones)
– Stones and more stones at Cusco and Sacred Valley (We had Inca stones, Pumas and Condors coming out through our ears)
– Choppy boat ride in Lake Titicaca (Supposed to be one of the 7 natural wonders of the world.. or was that our tour guide)
– Quaint Arequipa
Umpteen flights and bus rides, taxi rides, hopping on and off public transport, tons of walking, very little drinking, hunting for good food, shopping, looking for wi-fi zones, cleaning dishes at hostels, searching for cheap laundry came with this journey…
As and when I get the time, I will keep fleshing out the above journey. In the meantime, I am spending all my free wi-fi time figuring out my solo leg in Bolivia, which starts tomorrow. Wish me luck!